About Me

I've got a web page! Yeah . . . www.pforparrot.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Stand




This is made from ½ pvc pipe.  It takes 13 ½ feet for the frame (I used a wood dowel for the top perch).
Cut 7 pieces of pvc to 16 inches each for sides and cross (brace) piece.
Cut 4 pieces of pvc to 10 inches each for base.
Takes 6 elbows
And 4 t’s

I used pvc glue (no other glue will work) on all pipe and connectors except the top perch.  I didn’t glue the top elbows to the stand.  By not gluing the top elbow pieces to the base you can switch to cups.
 I didn’t glue the perch in the elbows either so I can change it from wood to rope wrapped pvc or add toys to it. 
PVC Ratcheting Cutter
Making cups to fit is simple.  Use two T’s turned sideways and glue an end cap to it.  Attach the t’s to the stand base with the middle hole holding the perch.
I painted my stand with pvc (spray) paint.  The stand is 37 inches tall which makes it the right height or me to sit and be at eye level with my bird.  Of course you can cut the pvc pipe shorter to lessen the width or height of the stand.